Lubbock's First Paint-Your-Own Pottery Studio
Hours reflect our compliance with Texas' regulations for COVID-19 safety. Reservations required for groups of 8+ people.
MONDAY: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
TUESDAY: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
WEDNESDAY: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
THURSDAY: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
FRIDAY: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SATURDAY: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SUNDAY: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
We stop accepting painting customers 30 minutes before closing
each day but to-go kit options are available to pick out!
How it works:
1. Browse our selection of to-go options here on our website or our facebook to figure out what you would like to order.
2. Call in to the studio to place your order - give us 1 hour to package. When you call, tell us what piece you want (they are labeled in the pictures) and the numbers of your 4 colors (also labeled). If you are choosing more than one piece, you will get 4 additional colors and 2 additional paint brushes per piece.
3. Come pick up your supplies - we offer curbside! Just call when you arrive.
4. Paint your pieces in the comfort of your own home. Then, drop them back off at the studio when finished for firing! Please bring ALL supplies back with you, including the brushes, in our to-go box at our storefront.
5. If you order pottery to gift to someone, please leave the name and phone number of the person we need to contact when the pottery is finished inside the bag.
The Nitty Gritty...
- We are including detailed instructions in your kit - please make sure to read over everything carefully!
- You will get 4 paint colors and 2 brushes per piece of pottery.
- We will stick a writing form in each order should you want writing on your piece. This is completely optional! Just like in the studio, up to 10 words for free.
- Tag us in your photos! Let's share the fun we are having!
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact us
Call us today to order // 806 - 796 - 2529
Here at the Clay Cafe, we train our staff to have a creative touch with every piece we work with!
Do you want custom ordered pottery with a unique flare, a gift with a personal touch, or Christmas presents with your child's hand-prints to cherish forever? Well now you can order premium pottery made by us designed with you in mind!
Below you will find examples of artwork we can design for you. The pricing is specific to the design NOT the pottery they're on. So when you order, you pick the design you like, the piece it will go on, and the date you need it by. The process takes two weeks from when you order for the artist to create, glaze, and fire the pottery.
Call in today for more 806-796-2529
Paint Your Own Pottery and COVID19
As of July 3rd, 2020
Clay Cafe is determined to keep your new favorite safe place clean and germ-free for you during this stressful time while you get your moment of art therapy in. We do require masks for all customers, we have an antibacterial cleaner that we wipe down every table between customers along with disinfecting the tools provided. And a perk to fired pottery is the kiln disinfects your new pottery at 1828°.
If you are concerned about health, safety, and cleanliness while you paint then consider our To-Go kits! Who doesn't love getting to paint from the comfort of their own home with friends and family or even a Netflix binge to paint the quarantine away?
If you have any questions or concerns for our studio's cleanliness routines or anything about the crafts we offer, don' hesitate to give us a phone call! 806-796-2529
Parties & Events
As of July 2020, these are within compliance for Texas restrictions on COVID19. We have reduced our hours of business, every employee and customer is REQUIRED to wear a mask within our store. We are diligent with keeping the creative space clean and safe for every age of guest who comes into our business. Adequate social distancing measures are in place between the tables for customers to paint and large party table seating arrangements. We are allowed 50% occupancy but we try to keep it lower than this for the comfort of the children and families coming to paint and escape quarantine in a safe, clean, and positive environment.
Table Reservation for 8+ people as a group -- No Fees:
This is a reservation for a group of 8+ people coming in to paint
Not a reservation for a birthday party, special event
Does not include groups bringing in food or drinks
Always call ahead to check our occupancy, we can set a reservation sign at your table to hold your group's table.
Table Reservation for 8+ people For an Event -- $15:
Deposit is nonrefundable.
This is a reservation for a table large enough to fit the size of your group plus other amenities for your group and/or event.
This is a reservation for a group celebrating a special date or event.
Pieces are not included in this deposit. You and your group will pick the pieces to paint with the option of a design we cater to helping you achieve.
Staff will assist with the needs of the party.
If you have a specific themed group (scout troop, bridal shower etc.) and you would like to make special arrangements, please contact us directly to let us know!
Birthday Party - $50.00 deposit plus the cost of pieces painted:
This deposit is nonrefundable; the funds go to reserving the table, the supplies laid out for the party, balloons, and decor, an employee to help you navigate the event, AND a hand-painted custom birthday party plate made by our best artists.
Birthday parties are 1.5 hours and include:
Placemats, palettes, bowls, brushes, paints, and 2 balloons.
An additional table to hold food, cake, and presents.
An employee as your designated party assistant.
A birthday plate designed especially for the birthday guest. The plate will have fingerprints around the back from each guest in attendance.
Birthday guests will pick out their pieces from a predetermined price point of your choosing. Pieces begin at $12 (animal figurines, mermaids, cars, etc.)
Feel free to come in prior to the date of your party to browse our inventory and get an idea of a price point that works for you!
You are more than welcome to bring decorations, cake, or other food. We always paint before we eat to ensure grease does not make its way on to ceramics. Please bring your own cake knife and lighter!
Because of COVID19, we ask the parents of the painting guests (with permission of the party host) to drop their children off for the party and pick them up after the party is over. This is to help our occupancy stay regulated for other painting customers who are not in for the party come in and paint.
Click here for our Instagram
& Customer Pieces